Trust is about having the confidence that an individual, team or organisation will ensure valuable public resources are used efficiently and effectively to consistently deliver high standards of care.
The NHS Trust Building Challenge is an innovative training and development programme enabling NHS organisations to demonstrably improve performance by building Trust between individuals, teams and organisations.
Sophie’s Story. My motivation for The NHS Trust Building Challenge.
Why spend time on building Trust in the NHS?
At SNCL, we believe that the success of our NHS lies in its people; it is their skills and capabilities, dedication, passion, innovation and tenacity that make the NHS a world acclaimed institution. We see these attributes in abundance across the NHS but individuals, organisations and partnerships face massive challenges with limited resources and increasing demand. Staff often talk about low morale, of feeling disempowered and of feeling overwhelmed by the demands being placed upon them.
Research shows that when people, teams and organisations behave in ways to create, build or rebuild Trust; capabilities, resilience and results increase dramatically.
Building Trust improves collaboration, accelerates results, strengthens partnerships and saves time; speeding up decisions and actions. By increasing Trust we can maximise the value and impact individuals, teams, organisations and partnerships bring to the design and delivery of services; improving patient care.
Why participate in the NHS Trust Building Challenge?
Are you committed to achieving any of the following in your team or across your organisation?
- Increased performance levels
- Improved productivity
- Increased speed of delivery
- Greater innovation
- Reduced staff absence and turnover
- Financial savings
- Improved patient care
If you answered ‘Yes’ to any of the above then please consider the following question:
Do any of the following issues resonate with you?
- Friction in the team and/or lack of cohesion
- Small ‘p’ politics, turf wars and/or hidden agendas
- Defensive behaviour
- Lack of engagement and/or demotivated staff
- Suspicion or cynicism
- Low energy levels
- Slow decision making
- Struggling to get things done
If you answered ‘Yes’ to any of the above then the chances are that The NHS Trust Building Challenge can help you.
At SNCL, we will listen to your needs and design workshops and Trust programmes to enable your organisation to increase performance, outcomes and impact by building Trust.
Who are Trust Programmes for?
- Leadership Teams
- CCG Boards
- NHS Trust Boards
- Programme Boards
- Management Teams
- Clinical Teams
- GP Practice Teams
- Delivery/Project Teams
SNCL’s workshops and programmes help individuals identify and address “Trust gaps” in their own personal credibility and in work relationships. Using examples and focusing on issues, participants learn to:
- Explore and increase personal credibility
- Examine Trust issues
- Increase Trust with colleagues and key stakeholders
- Behave in ways that increase Trust
- Create an environment of high Trust that will increase innovation and a greater commitment to achieving results
What will a Trust Programme include?
SNCL will design a Trust Programme tailored to your organisation’s needs. Programmes will include one or more of the following elements:
- Discovery sessions
- Taster sessions
- Workshops for Team Performance and Trust Building
- Team and Individual Personality Profiling to provide personal and team insights
- Actors and facilitators to challenge perceptions and demonstrate behaviours
- 1:1 Trust Coaching
- Opportunities and tools for evaluation and reflection
- Action planning that supports and embeds Trust
What outcomes can you expect from a Trust Programme?
- Increased awareness of Trust and its impact
- More open and transparent communication
- Increased speed of delivery
- Reduced costs
- Improved personal, team and organisational performance
- A plan to embed and continue to build Trust
To discuss your needs, for further information or to participate in the NHS Trust Building Challenge please email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone 07967007617
Each individual participating in the NHS Trust Building Challenge will be invited to make a Trust Pledge.
A Trust Pledge is a personal commitment to do one thing in your team or organisation to build Trust.
Each time someone makes a Trust Pledge, SNCL will undertake to do one of the following:
- Give a child in India basic healthcare for 1 month
- Give medication to a nursery school child in Ethiopia
- Give a person in Malawi access to clean water for 1 year
- Give malaria treatment to a child in Kenya.